What is a Game Jam?
- An event where participants build a game based on a theme within a limited timeframe.
- Participants, audiences, and/or judges then play the submitted games and vote which game was the best based on the judging criteria.
- Teams can comprise of a individual or a group of people, up to the jam's team size limit.
- Game Jams tend typically occur over a 48 hour or 72 hour timeframe.
Benefits of Participating in a Game Jam
- Design and build novel games.
- Put your skills to the test.
- Learn a new skill.
- Work in a team.
- Network with others.
- Improve your portfolio.
How to join a Game Jam
Sign up and join a game jam online.
Game Jams are also hosted by local game developer organizations.